Sunday, January 1, 2012

2011 Year in Review

A Year In Review Survey

1. What did you do in 2011 that you'd never done before?

I wanted to do this for years. Ever since Tim and I went to Saipan about 7 years ago, and saw this wonderful colour in a salon window! Love how red it was, not everyone liked it tho haha! :)
Never ever gone this wild with colour. Glad I did.




2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't make resolutions. I was told by a very wise lady that you only set yourself up
by making them. I do have things I want to change and will try my best.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
No.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
There were few deaths this year yes, but no one really close to me. I feel a sense of sadness when anyone dies tho, whether I know them well or not.

5. What countries did you visit?
I stayed within Canada this year. Was hoping to go to Cuba again this year but we didn't have the money to.

6.  What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
A newer car. Our car is running,  but definately needs some work done to it.

7. What dates from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
At the end of February Tim and I adopted a rescue dog.  A pug named Hamish. :) I have always adored pugs and always wanted one. So when I seen the ad for him I just had the feeling he was for us. He is a pirate! One eyed, and has a bummed foot and is on meds for seizures, which he has never had one with us, and is going off his pills. Hamish has brought so much joy to us and really has changed my life for the better. I love him so much! :)







Also in June my niece Hayley graduated from highschool.  We are quite close so this was a big day for us. She is one beautiful girl. She was also Valedictorian. :)









8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Hmm good question. I think starting to eat better, more healthy. Altho I  have slip ups every so often. (as I eat my 2nd chocolate of the day haha),  I look online alot for healthier foods, recipes to make. :)




9. What was your biggest failure?
I don't know if you would say failures or not. I try things, some work, some don't. If you don't take risks and do things you normally wouldn't do, how do you learn? How do you know if I you don't take a chance? :)

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
The odd cold and flu. I was told by my dr this year that I have high cholesterol, which runs in my family, so had to do something about what I ate. Exercise etc.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
We paid to adopt Hamish our pug! :)




12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Lots of people, can't think of exactly one person

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
A few, but we are all human aren't we?

14. Where did most of your money go?
More than likely paying for rent haha. But hey we have to have a place to live! :)

15.  What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Adopting Hamish! :)






16.  What song will always remind you of 2011?
I love alot of songs, so I have no idea. I get a kick out of this tho haha!
Thanks to my brother in law for sharing it with me. :)



17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) Happier or sadder?
Definately happier. :)
b) Thinner or fatter?I think thinner, but I don't know. I think I'm happier with my body now, I have a better body image.
 c) Richer or poorer? Probably poorer right now haha.

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Getting out and meeting people. We have only lived in Nanaimo for two years, and we don't know that many new people here yet.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Sitting around haha!

20. How did you spend Christmas?
We went to Campbell River to spend time with family. Got there on the day before Christmas Eve and left Boxing Day. There is no place like home.  Tim's sister was in Victoria Hospital so we went to visit her on the 27th.







21. Did you fall in love in 2011? Yes with my pug Hamish. He is such a sweetheart! :)

22. What was your favorite TV program?
America's Next Top Model. I just love that show! :) Altho how it ended this time around was ridiculous.

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
No hate is a very strong word.

24. What was the best book you read?I rarely read books. I do like to read "Postsecret" tho every Sunday.

25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
26. What did you want and get? This bedding from Homsense! Mom gave me the money to get it for Christmas. Just love the colours! :) The pillows in front are so cute too!






27. What did you want and not get?
Hmm can't really think of anything. :)

28. What was your favorite film of this year? Again can't think of a fav film.

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
November 15th, my 40th Birthday. I was thinking about it for months, but it came and it went and I'm fine. I feel just fine about being in my 40's now. :)I celebrated my birthday with family. Mom had a whole day of being spoiled planned for me. Actually we celebrated before my birthday actually came. :)



30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? I'm pretty happy. I guess more money haha. ;)

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011? Oh I just love outfits that I can pair up with belts! I love dresses, skirts, love to dress up! :)









32. What kept you sane? God, haha. Also having Hamish around the house has helped, he is so enteraining and very cuddly! Oh and of course my wonderful husband Tim. :)

33.Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
None other than Johnny Depp! ;)








34. What political issue stirred you the most? I'm not really into politics so....

35. Who did you miss?
I miss my family. Altho I am doing really well now in Nanaimo, I do miss them alot. We are quite close and spend alot of time together.

36. Who was the best new person you met?
I guess it would have to be my new friend I  made in Nanaimo, Sarah! We went to the mall a few times, sat on Santa's knee and talked on the phone and send emails to each other. :)

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011.
Well I have learned alot of things this year. My mind has gone blank right now tho haha!
I guess to be more tolerant of others. Each of us are human, we all make mistakes, we all have our own opinions and beliefs. That God loves of us all equally.

38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
No idea, but I like this song haha. >>> All the moves like Jagger
I've got the moves like Jagger
I've got the moves like Jagger
Thanks so much for reading!!! :)

Happy 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment